Jayawardene who made his debut in 1997 and counts a stellar career as one of Sri Lanka’s finest batsman made his testing Nishantha debut in 2011 when the latter first was appointed to the Sri Lanka Cricket Board after a selection process involving a final short list of Ranathunga, a flamingo and a jar of chutney. While Chutney was the first choice he could not get himself of the sticky situation with his former employer while the flamingo got a better offer from the Zoo leaving the Board having to appoint Nishantha
Ranathunga’s career statics as secretary are currently as follows:
- Match up with the players: Several
- Balls up: Every time he opens his mouth
- Economy: SLC in severe debt
- Average: Is an overestimation of his performance
- Caught: Being both Secretary of SLC and CEO of the media company he awarded the cricket rights to.
Ranthunga has breathed a sigh of relief on the news of Mahela’s depature from testing him and said “Phew”.